This week we rejoice World Environment Day by presenting musics whose writers expressed considerations about Our surroundings. A pair of of the musics date method again to an earlier time Similar to Marvin Gaye’s sorrowful plea To save tons of the environment in his music Mercy Mercy Me (additionally referred to as the Ecology music). There are a quantity of musics about water and air air pollution – The Seashore Boy’s Don’t Go Shut to The Water, Tom Lehrer’s Pollution and the brief music from the rock musical Hair titled Air. Extra native considerations are voiced in Let The Franklin Circulate from Australian band Goanna, Don’t Kill The Whale from Sure and Solely Lots Oil Inside The underside by Tower Of Power. Three musics Deal with the damaging strain of progress on the environment – Verdelle Smith’s only hit Tar And Cement, Pete Seger’s Cement Octopus And finally, Joni Mitchell’s basic Huge Yellow Taxi.
- Mercy Mercy Me – Marvin Gaye
- Let The Franklin Circulate – Goanna
- Don’t Go Shut to The Water – Seashore Boys
- Solely Lots Oil Inside The underside – Tower Of Power
- Good Southern Land – Icehouse
- Don’t Kill The Whale – Sure
- Tar And Cement – Verdelle Smith
- Pollution – Tom Lehrer
- The Day The Rains Acquired here Down – Jane Morgan
- Cement Octopus – …….