First row: Dominica Zhu, Census; Erica Dintaman, NOAA; Commander Lecia Salerno, NOAA; Dr. Derek Manzello, NOAA; Dr. Matthew Lauretta, NOAA; LTJG Luke Evancoe, NOAA. Second row: Chris Doninger, USPTO; Greg Gabel, USPTO; Adam Yuhas, NIST; Avi Gopstein, NIST; Benjamin Bullock, NIST; David Yashar, NIST; Daybreak Carroll-Amin, NIST. Third row: George Tehan, NIST; Phillip Neuberg, NIST; Saul Roberts, NIST; Susan Cantilli, NIST; Wayne Appenzellar, NIST; Andrew Daniels, NIST. Not pictured: Bernard Brusko, NIST; Philip Kaiser, NIST.
The Sustainability, Power, and Environmental (SEE) Ambassadors program acinformations particular person Divisional staff For his or her excellent efficiency in implementing distinctive value-saving tasks and/or packages that assist enhance the Division’s sustainability, energy and water influenceivity, local climate change adaptation, resilience, and environmental efficiency. On behalf of the Division’s Deputy Chief Sustainability Officer, the Office of Sustainable Power and Environmental Programs is proud to announce the Division of Commerce 2022 Class of SEE Ambassadors:
- Dominica Zhu: For her considerate management in assisting the creation and execution of The prospect Enterprise’s Pure Environment Dash, which engages dozens Of private and non-private stakeholders To deal with federally useful priorities round reducing ocean plastic air pollution, growing consciousness of transportation emissions’ influence on air extreme quality, and creating markets for recycled supplies. Ms. Zhu has made it her mission To Guarantee indigenous voices are prioritized relating to local climate-associated factors as their conventional ecological information is esdespatchedial to biodiversity and ecosystem safety.
Nationwide Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Erica Dintaman: For her distinctive management on local climate factors, collectively with her imaginative and prescient, group, and management in bringing collectively specialists from every NOAA line office for NOAA’s Climate-Ready Nation initiative, Making a cohesive, inclusive imaginative and prescient to ship NOAA’s local climate knowledge and providers to the nation.
- Commander Lecia Salerno: For her dedication to pursuing a quantity of modifications onboard NOAA Ship Thomas Jefferson To reinformationrce the vessel’s sustainability, collectively with implementing a extra sustainable meals waste disposal reply alongside the Deck and Stewards department; assisting the ship in using a composting agency To attenuate waste despatched to landfill; and main an initiative To change to compostable cups, prep gloves, and meals waste luggage.
- Dr. Derek Manzello: For demonstrating vital scientific expertise and groupal excellence on behalf of NOAA by way of his management of NOAA’s Coral Reef Watch, a free on-line system That provides A worldwide evaluation of sea floor temperature and outlooks to decide coral reefs That are Weak to bleverying.
- Dr. Matthew Lauretta: For his excellence in explaining complicated ideas relating to the intersection of fishery science and administration to U.S. stakeholders, notably enterprise and leisure fishermen, strengthening their understanding of Atlantic bluefin tuna inventory assessments and implications.
- LTJG Luke Evancoe: For his management and dedication to facilitating environmental stewardship, collectively with aiding with the three-day cleansing of NOAA Ship Oscar Elton Sette Earlier to the ship crusing into the protected waters of the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands of Papahanaumokuakea Marine Nationwide Monument; cleansing the ship’s hull is esdespatchedial to defending the biosafety, sustainability, and environmental administration of the islands.
America Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Chris Doninger: For main The problem to get rid of the printed Trademark registration certificates and transition it to an digital format, working tirelessly to shepherd the project from idea to actuality and devise An reply that labored for Trademark clients and stakeholders.
- Greg Gabel: For his technical acumen and persistence in conducting a quantity of technical proofs of idea to assist The event of The mannequin new digitally signed digital Trademark registration certificates and show its feasibility.
Nationwide Institute of Requirements and Know-how (NIST)
- Adam Yuhas: For overseeing the alternative of the roofs on two NIST Gaithersburg lab buildings—repredespatcheding a mixed 90,000 sq. ft at A worth of $2.6M—whereas enhancing the sustainability And growing the Lifetime of these two mission-esdespatchedial evaluation amenities.
The subsequent people, For his or her commendable work collaborating with an structure and engineering agency to develop paperwork that Shall be used As a Outcome of the idea to assemble new evaluation laboratory, office, and warehouse buildings. These people embrace sustainability and the spirit of Authorities Order 14057 to The utmost extent potential as they pursue Leadership in Power and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification for all new enhancement and complete modernization tasks:
- Avi Gopstein
- Benjamin Bullock